Dr. Riley has participated in the development of health research reporting guidelines for medical journals beginning with CONSORT in 2000. In 2011 he led the development of the CARE Guidelines—reporting guidelines for case reports. The Institute offers training in writing, editing and publishing case reports following the CARE guidelines to a variety of stakeholders from practitioners to academic institutions to policy makers to industry.
David has been the editor in chief and co-founder of three peer-reviewed and indexed medical journals from 1995 - 2014 and in 2007 was the co-editor of a special issue of Pediatric Clinics of North America. He was as an editor for the WHO from 2004 - 2008, and has written chapters for several medical textbooks. Dr. Riley works regularly with a variety of healthcare stakeholders developing solutions in medical writing, editing, and publishing and is currently the Case Reports editor for The Permanente Journal—a peer-reviewed, indexed medical journal published by The Permanente Press.
Selected Publishing Work Experience
• Case Reports Editor: The Permanente Journal (2014 – present)
• CARE Group steering committee (2011 – present)
• Co-Founder and Editor: Global Advances (2010 – 2014)
• Co-founder and Editor: Explore (2004 – 2008)
• Editor: ATHM (1995 – 2004, 2008 – 2010)
• Guest Editor: Pediatric Clinics of North America (December 2007)
• CONSORT Group member: (2000 – 2004)
The Institute offers editorial services to authors on article production beginning with the initial writing of a manuscript through publication—the final stage of research.